Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Designer Inspiration....


Sugar3 is loaded with unique creativity & inspiration.
We recently asked a few of our designers some simple questions:

"What inspires you?"
"Share your favorite places to shop for supplies"
"What are some of your favorite things at this very moment?"



Susan of Little Moonkey answers:
I love the Euro look. I adore Oilily & Mini Boden. I love the bright colors, whimiscal themes & fun appliques they both do.
I like my sets to be wearable, I love to mix knits in as well. My daughter adores knits... especially wearing leggings with skirts/dresses.
Fabrics:
www.allegrofabrics.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/innov21/
www.fabrichound.com
www.thefabricfairy.com
http://www.superbuzzy.com/
www.reprodepot.com
http://www.sewzannesfabrics.com/index.php





Shelly of Giraffikiki Kids answers:
I am loving everything knit! So comfy and wearable everyday. My favorite places to shop knits are www.thefabricfairy.com, www.crybabysboutique.com, www.banberryplace.com and www.buntefabric.com.





Cree of Bowznstuff answers:
mmmmm right now I would be very inspired if I never HAD to sew another thing, if I could spend my day drinking coffee and having lunch with friends - but barring that happening, ummmmm

One of my main motivations is to offer designs that you just can't get anywhere else. There are so so many choices when it comes to childrens clothing, so I aim to offer looks, styles and colour combinations that are uniquely boutique custom and uniquely Bowznstuff. I love to create a real Boutique look and that is always where I start and end - "the look"

For the latest selections my first stop is www.allegrofabrics.com, for knits I love www.thefabricfairy.com and for Euro www.banberryplace.com.

I remain now and always inspired by PUNK!





Tracy of Creme De La Gems answers:
"I'm with you Cree." I too, would love to spend time with friends and family and not so much at my clay table. But it is my clay table that keeps me inspired. I love a challenge and I need it to be slightly difficult, or I get bored easily.
Colors, trends and art inspire me, oh and music! My playlist is always playing in the background.
My favorite thing right now is wool felt! When the season changes and the temperature drops, I think your accessories need to reflect that. I'd love to learn how to make those cute swarovski & bead studded felt clippies!
I buy my clay at Joann's or Michaels and find scrumptious beads
and supplies at www.firemountaingems.com, www.artbeads.com and www.beadtrust.com.



Come back often, as we post more insight & answers.
If you have a question you would like to ask one of our designers, just leave us a comment ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment